For more information about completing a cake and pastry course in QLD or the BITA Certificate III in Cake and Pastry please call (07) 3899 6100 or email email@example.com.
If you are looking for a cake and pastry course in Qld you have come to the right place. The Certificate III in Cake and Pastry (FBP30321) qualification describes the skills and knowledge of a baker who bakes bread, cake, pastry, and biscuit products working in a commercial baking environment. To achieve this qualification, competency must be demonstrated in a total of 15 units – 11 core units plus four elective units.
Those who participate in the Certificate III in Cake and Pastry can expect to learn to knead, cut, mould, mix, shape, and bake dough and pastry while also preparing a variety of decorations and fillings for bread, cakes, and pastries. Other areas covered include kitchen safety and hygiene. BITA trainers also encourage experimentation with ingredients and recipes to develop interesting flavours and enhance basic skills. The following list is an example of what units covered in the cake and pastry qualification:
- Use food preparation equipment to prepare fillings
- Produce laminated pastry products
- Produce non-laminated pastry products
- Produce sponge cake products
- Produce biscuit and cookie products
- Produce cake and pudding products
- Schedule and produce cake and pastry production
- Produce basic artisan products
- Implement the food safety program and procedures
- Participate in OHS processes
- Use numerical applications in the workplace
How to enrol in a cake and pastry course in QLD
To be eligible for enrolment in this cake and pastry course in QLD you need to gain employment at a bakery. The bakery must also have a trade qualified baker/pastrycook onsite. Further information about enrolment can be found here.
Student contribution fees
Student contribution fees for apprentices located in Queensland for the Certificate III in Cake and Pastry are as follows:
- 11 core units must be completed at a cost of $1,280
- 4 elective units must be completed at a cost of $640*
*The total cost of student contribution fees for elective units ranges depending on the units chosen. $640 is the maximum charge for elective units for this qualification.
Government incentives and subsidies for both apprentice and employer are available, full details can be found here.
Duration of certificate III in Cake and Pastry
In Queensland the Certificate III in Cake and Pastry at BITA is delivered over three years using a flexible delivery model. This means apprentices learn on the job with assistance from their qualified trades person and regular visits from their assigned BITA trainer. Where training or assessment cannot be completed onsite in the bakery, the apprentice attends a block workshop at our fully equipped, top of the range training facility – located in Morningside, Queensland.
Those who complete a cake and pastry course in QLD such as the Certificate III in Cake and Pastry will have on completion a broad selection of career paths open to them including but not limited to the following:
- Pastry Chef in the professional kitchen of a hotel, resort, restaurant, café etc.
- Patissier in a patisserie or boulangerie
- Pastry cook or baker in a bakery
- Baker in a supermarket bakery
- Baker in a manufacturing bakery.